Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-01-01

Happy New Year, 2005 Wow!
Isn't it hard to believe another year has passed. It seems like I just graduated from college yesterday, but that was a whole year and a half ago. I feel old, not to say that I am old, I guess the better term is grown up. I have to watch my tongue around some people because they get offended. I say embrace your age because being older (sometimes...lol) makes you wiser.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. My mother came home so I was able to use her car. The down fall was that I had to bring her to work, go across town to see my sister, spend time with my cousin and eat, leave there in the middle of a movie, pick up my mother and bring her to church, back to my cousin's house, have a few drinks and toast to the new year before I had to go back across town to pick my mother back up and go home. Ghee that was a lot, but it beats staying home alone feeling sorry for yourself. It was such an awesome night weather wise I wish I stayed in NY and went to Times Square. Maybe next time.

Okay, most people say they don't make new years resolutions anymore because they don't keep them. I said they same thing, but then I thought how do you change things in your life with out setting goals and that is all a resolution is a goal. Not making a resolution is saying that you are fine the way you are or are to lazy to change and make good habits. I know neither is true for me.

So what is my resolution this year? It's simple, do what makes me happy and feel good. The areas of focus are: fitness, my appearance, and cleanliness. These are the areas that I have neglected for most of my life and there for haven't be truly content with myself. To most people these things are so simple, but for me it's not. I have never been healthy. For more than half of my life I have weighted over 200 lbs, keep in mind I am only 23. So I neglected my appearance and opted to look just decent, which probably looked like I didn't care how I looked to others.

The last thing has to do with my housekeeping skills. I have trouble with putting things away and truly cleaning my apartment. I always go for the "it looks clean" look, which requires not too much cleaning, but I know it's dirty. Then I feel like a slob, which doesn't make me happy because I hear my mother's voice like a broken record "you're such a slob, I don't know where you get it from". I do mom, from you.

So to break this cycle I will take care of my body inside and out and keep my apartment clean. I know this makes me happy. And I am expecting an added bonus, I know it may seem a little silly, but in all of this I'm trying to attract a man in the process...What? I don't want to waste all this new found happiness just on me...lol.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other