Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2006-10-02

Day 2 of the Month Long Journey
Last week Christina at Size 8 or Bust! was talking about how she wanted to be a size 12 by the end of the month. I really want to the same so I told her that I would join her. Granted she might be a lot closer than I am to goal but it can't hurt to try. For at least one month I want to be able to put my best effort into this very worthy cause.

This would be the biggest achievement that I will have ever made. I say this because the smallest adult size that I remember is a size 14 somewhere around the age of 11 or 12. Before that all I remember is a kid size 6x and that at the time was big for my age. Selective memory I guess.

Besides becoming a size 12 the other thing that is motivating me is to prove to myself that I can be consistent again. I was in my main office on Friday and I found a planner from 2004 in my cabinet drawer. I was really inspired by what I saw, what I have done before and somehow forgot. This my be a bit extreme, but when I started this journey back in June of 2004, for the entire month I made it to the gym every morning 6 days a week. And except for a few missing days the following month I almost did the same again.

I probably eventually dropped off due to burn out, but I put my best effort into the process. That and the weight was melting off of me. I guess that is more of what I want...lol. So I started yesterday since it was the first of the month. My eating was pretty good. No gym on Sundays because after church there is always a list of tasks for me to complete. That and I walk about 2.5 miles to go to the grocery store for a little bit of exercise.

I didn't realize how many things are impacting me, but my other motivation is my sister, I think she is finally getting serious and I want be on her side encouraging her through my actions. One thing that we use to do when I went home to visit was go to the gym. I honestly can't remember the last time we did this. I was telling her the other day how I feel silly going to classes by myself, but when I'm with her all of my insecurities go away. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without her.

Well last night I took my before pictures in this size medium silver bathing suit that I had bought a long time ago. Lets just say those pictures won't be shown until I look decent in that bathing suit, which is about 20 pounds from now...lol. I do plan to take pictures at the end of each month so hopefully by the end of December I can post them on the website here. The good thing about the pictures is I have awesome cleavage to the point that they almost look fakeā€¦lol.

Do you know what the funny thing is? I know to a normal person I look gross in the new pics. But I am very proud of myself for how far I have come. Going beyond what I could imagine. When I was at my biggest I remember thinking that 180 was the lowest that I would ever be able to go, but when I did get down to 180 I realized there was more work to be done. Boy was I dreaming before, but that's okay, when you meet old goals you make new ones.

And to report in for today I am off too a great start I did go to the gym and kicked my own butt on the treadmill and now my feet are killing me (I guess that comes with the territory), and I have brought my lunch and will cook dinner for the rest of the week. Go me, go me! I've updated my stats so I can be honest with myself.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other