Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2006-10-16

Day 16
Well guys I'm still going strong. I have all of my foods for the week. I'm down from the beginning of the weekend, so all is well with the world. I was lower yesterday, but I knew that the weekend wasn't over, so I had to wait until today to see what the results were. In the end I am happy.

I didn't know it then, but Saturday I think I was trying to kill myself at the gym. First of all I was there for almost two hours. Never have I spent that long at the gym. What happened was I had went to the gym for a weight lifting class, but instead they were doing a half hour taste of all of the classes. So I did the step, weight lifting, and abs, all of which went over their half hour limit. But in the beginning the instructor, who was maybe more metro than gay, but still a little too happy for the length that the class was, he said that he wasn't going to stop at the end each session he was going to just keep going.

This made me feel compelled to stay. He ran his mouth more then he did the exercises and then had the nerve to talk about having a potluck for all of the regulars, and not with healthy food either. In the end I felt like I had a great workout. There was a long enough break after abs for me to leave. I ate lunch, went to the movies, and then went grocery shopping all without stopping at home. Mind you I felt fine.

But yesterday I went to church and on the way home on the bus I was standing up and every time the bus jerked I went flying. I couldn't understand why I couldn't stay still. I had a good grip on the bar and my feet stationed perfectly. I had heels on by I've had them before on the bus, so I knew that they weren't the problem. It didn't hit me until today that my core muscles were so sore that they couldn't function in helping me to stand still. So this was my epiphany moment or understanding why they call the abs and back the core muscles. Silly I know. Some things you know intellectually, but don't understand until you experience it. This was one of them.

I pride myself at being able to stand still on subways and buses, because I can't stand when people bump into me for not holding on or positioning themselves properly. But that was me yesterday.

The movie that I saw on Saturday was "One night with the King". It was about the biblical story of Ester. I was really proud how they kept it pretty close to how the bible states it. It was a good movie if you are interested in biblical things. But because the graphics made it seem like an old movie I wasn't impressed. Maybe that was what they were going for. But with today's technology you can have an old setting, but the movie looks like it just came out and not a re-issuance of a 1990 movie.

It had Tiffany Dupont from the television show the Bedford Diaries. Come to think of it I think that show was cancelled. I liked it. Anyway, I think she's very beautiful in this movie, compared to the show, there was something odd to me about her look in it.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.
1 Comments:
  • At 10/18/2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Shelley said…

    Wow...congrats on doing so well on your challenge. I am constantly changing my mind about if I want to join the local gym.

    Part of me really wants to...to take their classes again...to use their weights, but the money is so hard to grapple with, especially since I have an elliptical, tapes and weights in my apartment.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other