Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-08-08

Yesterday Was So Beautiful!
I couldn't have gone to a more perfect wedding. Everything was beautiful. And the most important part was I felt that I looked beautiful too. I was a little nervous because I knew the wedding was going to be spectacular because if the bridal shower was a sit down dinner with the choice of steak, salmon, and stuffed chicken, the wedding reception had to top that. Boy it sure did.

The wedding I went to was one of my friends, she works at the same firm as me. The ceremony was nice. I was cracking up because the priest was lip syncing to a couple of the church songs, but the funny part was I thought he was really singing. I figured it out because when the song suddenly cut off in the middle of an extended note his mouth was still wide open and he tried to shut it quickly with out looking bad. I guess he figured everyone caught on so he didn't try to do it as much...lol.

I've never been to a catholic wedding before. The ceremony included what I would call a small sermon and the bridal party sat down in the front. There was also communion, scripture readings, and multiple prayers. One of the scriptures read I never heard of the book before, which makes me wonder if Catholics use the same bible as other Christians? If anyone knows leave a comment, the name of the book was Sirach I think.

The only bad thing was that there was a 3 hour wait period before the reception and we didn't know what to do so we ended up going to Dave and Busters in the mall. Well to say the least we looked odd. The attire for the wedding was black tie optional so we were very dressed up looking like we just came from the prom.

Speaking of how we looked, I felt so sexy. At first I was nervous because I thought you weren't suppose to wear black to a wedding, but I guess it is more accepted in New York, why I don't know, but I wasn't alone in wearing it. Anyway, I found the dress and shoes at Macy's. It looked so good on me, a size 14 thank you very much. It still amazes me that this is my size. I found silver accessories pretty easily. I stopped at the MAC counter and picked up a light purple eye shadow, a new lip gloss, and a bronzer which I have never used in my life, but looked good on me. The best part was my hair cooperated.

So getting many compliments kind of went to my head. I couldn't stop smiling. The whole look was pulled together pretty effortlessly, so that is why I am so surprised that I turned out so nice. Even one of my other friends that use to work with me said that I looked like I was professionally done up. What a compliment.

Ok enough about me back to the wedding. The reception was out of this world. Appetizers started at 6pm. But these weren't just any old appetizers, they were full out meals in my opinion. There was a make your own sushi bar, various grilled stations, two WHOLE roasted pigs heads and all sitting on the table, and huge bowls of red and black caviar around the cheese and crackers table. This lasted about 2 hours.

Then we went into the main hall and because he is Italian they started everyone dancing with the "Oh Mama" song. It was fun and everyone got up and was involved. I was surprised at how many people danced all night long. She's Cuban so they had the Latin music mixed in as well. Actually they had something for everyone. They picked an awesome DJ. He played some old jams, Latin, and new stuff. The bride and groom seemed to dance all night long as well.

And dinner again was awesome, I had the Mahi Mahi, but you could choose steak or chicken as well. All three choices looked good. The multiple courses included an exotic salad, then mango sorbet, the main meal, and then a sample of desserts all brought out to you and more wedding cake. I was afraid that I gained weight because of all the food, but mostly alcohol consumed. By the end of the night I was a little tipsy, and only a little because I think I danced everything off.

Over all there was a nice flow to everything. It was a picture perfect wedding. If I could afford it I would do the same, but I know that is not going to happen. I already warned them my wedding will be ghetto compared to this. Over all it was an awesome night. I couldn't imagine being married now, but I wish their marriage the best.
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other