Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-09-20

Competition
I am sad to say that I thrive on competition. Most of the time the competition is in my head. For example, my sister has always been smaller than me and what would motivate me is that I am going to be smaller than her or lose more weight than her. But now that motivation is gone because at this point in time she is no competition. She has to lose about 20lbs. before we can start to battle. I know that it is bad way to think. Sibling rivalry can’t be too good. Well I am just thinking that it is my turn because she has always come in first or was the better looking sister. Yes I am sure those comments are from my own head, but I can’t help it.

Well what prompted these thoughts was yesterday morning I was listing to Hot 97 on the radio, the Ms. Jones Morning Show. One of the topics was how there is always unspoken competition between friends, co-workers, and siblings. Who gets promoted first, who gets married first, and whose children are the best. And I agreed with her definitely on the co-worker front, that one is a little more spoken about but somewhat in code…lol.

Then I tried to convince myself that I don’t do it that much, but I struck me hard when I was viewing other people’s blogs yesterday. People who were what I considered to be behind me in this weight loss game has either caught up to me or surpassed me. I’m like WTF! What’s going on here? I know it is entirely my fault with my slacking. So, I will count this as another push and not let these strangers “beat me”, I started this first, you can’t beat me at my own game…lol, I’m crazy I know.

But with all of that said, I miraculously lost 3 lbs. over the weekend and I didn’t go to the gym, I just walked to a lot of places. I guess that is the benefit of living in the city. So my previous rant about gaining weight is still applicable but I guess it is not that bad. I also didn’t say anything until today just incase I gained the weight back…lol.
2 Comments:
  • At 9/21/2005 7:05 AM, Blogger Dee said…

    I think competition can be a good thing if you let it drive you and not deter you.

    I loooveee it. Seriously I thrive on it, that and pressure lol I know, I'm crazy too! But I'm at my best when there is a deadline and others racing to get there too...

    Congrats on the 3lbs that's an awesome Job Hun!!! Walking definitely is such a underrated exercise.

    Good luck with your secret pursuits to beat others. ;D

     
  • At 9/21/2005 10:30 AM, Blogger CheekyMoo said…

    I used to get the same way, mutter under my breath, etc. I love that show The Biggest Loser.

    Congrats on the 3 lbs!!! I've been completely slacking as of late, but I'll get back on track. There's a good chance you could pass me up.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other