Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-09-12

The Vacation is Over
The cruise was awesome! If anyone one wants to go on a cruise the Carnival Valor was very nice. We went to Belize, Honduras, Cayman Islands, and Cozmel Mexico. Every where we went was so beautiful, but also made me appreciate what we take for granted here in America.

With all of the binging that occurred over the past week I only managed to gain 2lbs. I think it had to do a lot with me not watching TV all of the time and having so many activities to do. Let me tell you I ate to my heart's content so this week is going to be hard. I am trying to think of what I should do for a detox food wise. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

I can summarize my trip with one picture.



Don't I just look happy? I definitely feel good and I think I look good. Yes there is still work to do, but I just wanted to enjoy the moment because it is definitely better than where I was last year. I laugh at myself because I pretended to be enjoying all the sun, but I can only take so much. I had the highest number of sun block on so I wouldn't get too dark or burn. I learned that last year. What possessed me to think that black people don't burn I don't know, but I learn that lesson in Cancun.

The only damper on the trip was one of the people that was with us. She got on my last nerve. Granted I think it is because I let her get to me, but certain things just irk me. My first complaint was every time we ate or did something good she would always make a comment that she has had better. Can you just enjoy what is in front of you. Or when we took the kick boxing class on the boat I was sweating because I was trying to out do everyone (which I paid for later because I am still very sore...lol) she said it takes more that to make her sweat. I was dying to say that if you only lift your foot 2 inches off the floor of course you're not going to sweat. My next area of irritation is her acting like she knows what's best all the time. I have been taking care of myself for quite some time and am capable of making my own decisions. Some people just don't get that you don't have to agree all the time, she would continue to say her argument until you said ok you're right. And the last debate, which was the icing on the cake, she tried to tell me and my sister that Charleston was in North Carolina not South Carolina and proceeded to give the reason why she knows. I just let it go because it just wasn't worth it.

I am sure one would think that I didn't enjoy my trip with all of that, but I did because I refused to let it get the best of me, even though I had to catch myself sometimes about to say something smart. I didn't though because it wasn't like I was going to get away from her any time soon. But it is all over now and I have my pictures to remind me of my fun memories. Did I mention that I looked so sexy on the nights that we dressed in formal attire. I'm not conceited, honest. Ok maybe a little.

Tomorrow is my 24th birthday. I still can't believe it. Not that I am old or anything, but thinking about all I have accomplished so far makes me think what is next. What is my next challenge. The only things that I want to do better this year is to increase the quality of work that I do at my job and to do more social activities. I am very much a home body and am content most of the time to be by myself. But what is the real challenge? Who knows.
1 Comments:
  • At 9/12/2005 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday, Stacey!!! Nah, 24 is not old...of course I am 34, and I don't feel much more mature than I did at 24, lol!

    the cruise sounds like fun, and your picture looks great! sexy and self confident in your 2 piece, girl!
    have a lovely birthday, and I'm glad you had a great time...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other