Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-02-14

Happy Valentine's Day
So it’s Valentine’s Day. Once again I will not be celebrating it. I never have and not from the lack of wanting to. Don’t get me wrong I love my self and I should do something nice for me, but I already do that. So, I will leave all of the excitement to the couples out there and hope they enjoy the day.

Interestingly enough I’ve recently found myself attracted to one of my co-workers lately. And I’m seriously trying to sort out my feelings to decipher what is it that I really like about him because I don’t think he’s all that cute. I’ve been working with him for the last month, but only since last week have I found him attractive. I think it started when another co-worker and I were looking at him and she thought he was attractive and I said I didn’t, but for some reason now I do. That and the fact that I think he’s attracted to me as well. I’m thinking that maybe it’s his personality; he’s a very nice guy, tall (6’3” which is always a plus), and he has a decent build, but he’s generally not my type.

Of course, like I always do, I over analyze the entire situation before I am even asked out. I think of what everyone else would think, which seriously shouldn’t matter. I’ve began to feel that with all of the standards I have, I’ll end up by myself.

The main issue here is that he’s white and I’m black. And as I’m writing this I am realizing that it is my own issue, can I be comfortable in my own skin. I know someone might say why am I putting myself through all of this torture when I’m not sure that something will develop here. My answer is that I don’t think this is an issue that will go away especially with my environment I am sure there will be other white men that I’ll be attracted to.

I could easily pass my issues off on my mother because I know she would have a mini fit especially about the blonde hair and blue eyes part, but I know not for long. I know she’s has issue with white people because of the times she grew up in, but she is more tolerant now. I start to wonder if his friends and family would be as accepting. See I’ve prepared my friends and family letting them know that find myself attracted to white men, so it won’t be a surprise for them if I bring one home.

I talked to my sister about it last night and she just kept telling me that is doesn’t matter what other people think I’m the one who is in the relationship. She used here boyfriend as an example she pointed out his stomach, that everyone wouldn’t find his Buddha belly attractive, but she see the whole package, a strong man that treats her right. Funny, but I get the picture.

I know it’s the year 2005 and this should not be an issue. I know I have become more comfortable with myself. Most of my friends here in the city are white and they are the people I hang out with. At first I felt a little awkward in the bars. I would always be conscious of how many other black people would be there and noted that there weren’t many. Now I don’t care as much and I’m out just to have fun.

At first I wasn’t going to write anything because I felt that I was being silly, but hey this is apart of me whether I like it or not.
1 Comments:
  • At 2/15/2005 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I found my way to your journal through the Body for Life Women's blogring. My blog name (under Xanga) is fitnfree2005.

    I, too, am a black female. I am married to a black man. We have been together since 1993, married since 96. My parents did not approve of him because he had just graduated high school the year that we met. I was a senior in college. I thought he was very mature, much more than I was. They thought I was too good for him and too old for him. They told me that he had no college degree so he wouldn't be worth it. They told me that they didn't like where he was from. They didn't like the fact that he came from a broken home. They told me many things. But, you know what, I wasn't dating them. I was dating my man. My man loved me and I loved him. He didn't beat me, cheat on me, or live off of me. He didn't make much money in his retail job but with every paycheck he bought me an outfit for my job at the bank. It was the little things that made me love him (AND THE FACT THAT HE WAS FINE!).

    My point that I am trying to make is parents will always have a problem with the person you decide to date. If it's not race, it's career, if it's not career, it's financial, if it's not financial, it's his family. The list goes on and on. What is most important is that you are happy and comfortable with where you are.

    My sister is dating a white man. They live together. They go places where people mistreat them. My sister decides its worth it because she is with the man she loves and doesn't care what people think. It is all about your attitude.

    You can date this man, if you choose to do so. If you are going to be uncomfortable because of what people think, don't do it. You will end up regretting it in the long run.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other