Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-01-24

Thank God for Snow!
Why does God smile on me so much? I'll never understand. I am sooo grateful that it snowed this past weekend. Even though I still had to go to work on Saturday, not having to work on Sunday was the best. I got some much needed sleep. Ok, technically I was suppose to be "working from home", yeah right. I spoiled it a little bit because I made myself get up early this morning to tie-out financials.

I bought myself a new scale. I think I broke my old one (hey that's not funny...lol). It consistently made me some where between 4 and 10 pounds lighter than I actually was making it more depressing to go to the gym and see how much I actually weighed. It is one of those body fat measuring scales; I got it on sale at Target for $35. I don't think I can pay attention to the fat percentage. It says that my body fat is 43% yikes. I know that is impossible, you have to see my pics. The online calculator that I like to use is at HealthCentral.com, check it out.

Speaking of pictures, I got mine back and I want to post them, but I can't figure out how to put them together into one file because I don't want to post them one by one. If any one out there knows a good but inexpensive photo shop program please leave a comment. I think I look good, ok at least different. I won't be able to show the before until I get my scanner, which probably won't come until the end of February. I'm so excited, this is the much needed motivation that I've been looking for. Some serious slacking has been going on, no gym and my co-workers decided to order pizza tonight for dinner with no objections from me. I must focus, and get my priorities in order.

What else was on sale at Target, the sewing machine that I have been eyeing for the past 6 months, yay. I love to sew, I miss it. I sewed my prom dress and people thought I bought it. I've always wanted a computerized one, but they are very expensive. This one is on sale for $275 and since my mother works there part-time she gets an addition 10% off, thanks mom. : ) I am trying to figure out what will be my first project. I think I want to start quilting. I love the ones that my great grandmother made by hand. I have one, it's warm and pretty, it's even on my bed now. I've grown to like the patterns that are thrown together, it give it character. I had my sister pick it up so I could get the discount. I'll bring it home in February when I go to visit my family.

Any quilters out there? If so, what's a pattern that you like or could you recommend some sites for me to visit. Thanks!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other