Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-01-20

Work, work, work, and Reality TV
I feel the burn out already setting in. It is very much a mental thing as well as physical. Yes my body is tired, but it is also my mind because it knows that there isn’t an end insight. We will be working again this weekend. I’m ready to cry. Today will be the eleventh day that I have worked in a row, not to mention that the weekdays are 12 hour days and the weekends are regular.

Enough ranting I must put a positive spin on my life. I must do better planning. If I planned better I could find more time in the day. Right now I am only able to sleep when I go home, there isn’t much time for any thing else. Because of the tiredness of by body I can’t seem to get up to go to the gym in the morning.

Food has been good at times and not so good at others. Yesterday I finally broke into the bad snacks that we keep at work. See the lack of sleep is diminishing my will power…lol.

The “Apprentice” comes on tonight, Yay! I’m excited. To bad I have to wait until Saturday to see it I’m sure I’ll be too tired tonight, but I might be able to muster up some energy. Yes, I am educated but I am rooting for the street smarts. But we all know in real life you need both. Just look at how they did Sandy on the last show, one of the reasons they put her out was because she didn’t have a college degree and they asked her “so what do you know about corporate America” in one of her interviews.

Since I started talking about reality TV, the "Biggest Loser" reunion show, kind of didn’t help my moral. Only two out of the whole group looked better to me then when the left the show. I was real disappointed that Dave won. His attitude sucked. Aaron or Andrea should have won, they looked the best, and they looked like they did something after the show. Because the others didn’t that makes you feel like you need that extreme to accomplish something. Look at Andrea, I was rooting for her, she didn’t even have any loose skin, and everything looked tight, she’s one of my inspirations.

And for my last show, the "Amazing Race", I am so glad that the domestic violence couple is off of the show. The woman’s comments on how they had been together so long and that they are apart of each other was making me nauseous and sad for her. Maybe she was trying to save face. I can’t believe how some of these couples act knowing that they will be taped. To me the show is a sign that some of them should be together.

Until the next time, when I can break free for a minute.
3 Comments:
  • At 1/21/2005 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to work days and days and days in a row. In the end you have nothing to show for it but strained family relations and bad health.

    Keep in mind the old saying, how many people on their deathbeds say, I wish I would have spent more time at the office?

    Friendly advice from someone who has been there and done that and won't do it any more: remember the things that really matter, and build your life around them.

     
  • At 1/22/2005 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't think they lost weight as drastically in real life as they did on the show because they also had real life to contend with. On the show, their main focus and activities of the day all revolved around losing weight. Back in the real world, where the emphasis is on much more things, the weight loss isn't as dramatic.

    None of them gained back the weight they lost on the show, which shows they were all able to learn from their experience. Not putting weight back on should be something that people get a pat on the back for as well as extra weight loss.

     
  • At 1/22/2005 3:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm 5'7" and 198 lbs. The Dr. just put me on a diet and it's going to be sooo hard. I have no will power and I work 12 hour swing shift. Believe me, Girl, I feel your pain!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other