Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-01-27

The Scale Won’t Move!
But what do I expect when I haven’t been doing what I am supposed to be. I didn’t know that I could be so close to my short term goal and not reach it, you would think it would be in me to “just do it”, but it’s not. Three pounds away from being under 200 and I can’t seem to do it. But I will, I know it, I have to. I just have to really want it enough to do something about it. You know the bible saying, “Faith without works is dead”, well in my case it means that I will stay fat. But no, “Help is on the way!” (you have to say it with the Mrs. Doubtfire conviction, one of my favorite movies of course…lol, though I have many)

I finally made it to the gym on Tuesday, but haven’t been back since. What I have been eating is ok, but not spaced out appropriately. One might say that I shouldn’t beat myself up, but I say if I was in a routine it would be ok, but I’m not, so tighten up missy!…lol. My motivation and awareness is coming back slowly but surely. Now when I look at or eat something bad, I kind of get this icky feeling and some thing tells me “you know you shouldn’t be eating that” or “don’t touch it or even look at it”. I guess they have always been there, they are just louder now and I am listening to them again.

Last night, my co-workers and I left a little early to go out to dinner since the press release was finished. I was good, seafood and only a spoonful of potatoes, they were gross anyway…lol. I finally got home at a decent hour. And then the Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova quarter final match of the Australian Open was on and of course I had to watch my inspiration play, that’s Serena if you didn’t know. She almost lost, but fought off 3 match points and 3 breakpoints near the end of the match. You should have seen her jump for joy at the end, Serena got hops! She flew into the air. I was so excited for her, I’m sure my neighbors heard me at 12:30 in the am. So over course you know I didn’t make it to the gym this morning.

I think I am built like Serena underneath all of this fat and minus the butt, she look like she stole some of mine, you know we were born around the same time…lol. I know I’ll never be small but I can look lean like her. Well here’s to another day of doing better.
3 Comments:
  • At 1/27/2005 7:17 PM, Blogger CheekyMoo said…

    My scale stalled very near the same weight. It is so frustrating! You're doing great! Keep it up. http://skinnierthanacow.blogspot.com

     
  • At 1/28/2005 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go for it... it might be one of the better adventures of your life. It's a physical change many folks never have the chance to experience. http://www.wdslibrary.com/Blog

     
  • At 1/29/2005 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hi there! thanks for dropping by my site. i'm trying to lose weight for my wedding in june..so it's kinda desperate..*laugh*..i am doing the treadmill and pilates and eating right, but like you, the weight seems static....i like to think of it as i'm gaining muscle and losing fat and the weight of that just evens out :)

    all the best!

    letti.blogspot.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other