Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-02-28

I did something yesterday that I haven’t done in a long time….
I went to church. I’ve only gone in the city once since I moved here. I go when I visit my mom but other than that nothing. The strange thing is all my life I have been such a church girl and even all through college. In college all I did was go to church, class, work, and home. I enjoyed going because the church I went to had programs and activities geared towards college students. They really emphasized teaching the bible instead of preaching fire and brimstone you’re going to hell.

Anywho, the church I went to yesterday was ok, but I made the biggest mistake ever. I though all churches were up with the times, but I quickly learned that all are not. I made the mistake of wearing pants to a church where clearly women are suppose to where skirts. I was beyond embarrassed. I looked around for a single pair of pant besides my own and couldn’t find one. I thought because the title of the church had full gospel in it meant that it was a fairly new church that wouldn’t care about such a thing. I told my self to wear a skirt because you never know, but it was entirely too cold outside. So after I sat down I felt like everyone one was looking at me thinking “look at that heathen”…lol.

Yeah I know it was all in my mind. The other thing that was weird to me was about half of the women wore doilies on their heads. I couldn’t tell why, I wasn’t communion Sunday, so why? And the last thing is the service was entirely too long and start really late. They started at 11:30am and I left at 2:30pm. Notice I said I left because they kept on singing and dancing after the benediction. I was taught never to leave before benediction. So, when he said it, I clapped to an additional song and felt that I got what I had came for and so I left.

The singing was good, the preaching was good, and the church is close to home. But was it good enough to make me wear a skirt in the dead of winter? I’m not so sure about that especially when my mode of transportation is public transit. My mom laughed at me when I said I’ll go back when it’s warmer. Until then I’ll keep looking.

Because I love the church that I went to in college so much nothing else compares to it, not even the church I grew up in. Then comes the realization that I’m not in college anymore, so I can’t expect to find the same things to interest me. And the other thought was why was I going in the first place? Was it to seek knowledge or was it just a social activity for me. I think both which I don’t think is bad, I met great people in the process of getting closer to God. A win win situation.

Ok I promise the next post will be about fitness.
1 Comments:
  • At 3/01/2005 8:18 AM, Blogger CheekyMoo said…

    We can't post about our diets all the time! You're doing a great job. Glad you listened to that urge.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other