Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-03-08

Yay! The gym has finally seen me
I went to the gym last night. It felt great, but I didn’t stay that long. The main reason why I get up ridiculously early in the morning to go to the gym is to avoid the mad house that I went into last night. I had to wait for a cardio machine and the gym has at least 60 machines for this purpose and then I could only stay on it for 30 minutes, but I was able to steal a couple of minutes. And even if I wanted to make it a weights day it seemed to be a line at every machine meanwhile everyone else is watching the person completing the exercise. I’m already very self conscious it would just add to my paranoia.

The weird part was I thought that I would be huffing and puffing because I haven’t been to the gym in a while, but the opposite was true. Working out at the settings that I had last been using left me not really sweating until the end and I wasn’t gasping for air. That made me feel good because I can still up my game and push harder. Yay!

I’ve been making good choices as far as my eating goes. I haven’t made it to the grocery store, but I have been eating smaller portions of what I am having and I haven’t been to a fast food restaurant in a minute. I miss feeling good about myself and the choice that I make. Even though I know I am not perfect I feel good because I am doing what I can.

The lingering stress is my job. I just can’t seem to finishing anything before something else starts. I have to finish what I can on four jobs by the end of the week, but there really isn’t much left to do. So after this weekend I should be able to breathe easy.

Tonight I am going to a benefit dinner for the Natural Resources Defense Council. The host is Julia Louis-Dreyfus and the special guests are Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Robert Redford, and a performance by James Taylor. From what I hear this Taylor guy is pretty famous, I never heard of him. This is a good group just as long as Robert Redford doesn’t speak because he was so dry last year. It is suppose to be cocktail attire, but I don’t own a little black dress, so I just going to wear a suit. I’ll own one of those dresses eventually…lol. Because of the type of organization that it is I know all of the food will be organic so I should be ok.

Hopefully I’ll have fun tonight and go to the gym in the morning. Later.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other