Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2006-01-21

Running on Empty
No posts simply because there haven't been anytime or more like energy to do so. But the good news is I have gone to the gym 6 days a week for the last two weeks! Go me, Go me! My job is definitely trying to hinder that and it is the reason why I have been running on empty. I work to 9 or 10pm every night then add an additional half hour to 45min commute home and then have to get up early in the morning to work out by ten to 6am.

Timing wise it wouldn't be so bad if I could get to bed right away and the big part is all the extra stress the managers are putting on us to complete work. Normally we would have a week or so do complete work once we have received the client financials, but we got them 5 days late but they only added two days to the deadline. Talk about stress. And the every 5 minutes looking for an update on status is driving me crazy.

The only reason I have time to type now is that it is Saturday the Senior Manger is not here yet and the client isn't working so we won't be forced to go and harass them.

Enough about work. I am learning to keep my focus because I want to pull one of my I'll wait until such and such time, but I know I can't.
Just imagine if I waited 6 - 8 weeks to start working towards my fitness goal, how much weight I would gain. You should see what we are ordering each night. It is not diet friendly and I am trying to do my best. The whole cook on Sunday for dinner for the week thing is out the door because I work on that day too and don't even have time to go to the grocery store.

I am not seeing as much progress as I would like but I must keep going, I've held things off for long enough now. I've lost only .6 of a pound over the last two weeks partially because my weight mysteriously jumped up 2 lbs. in the process. I keep thinking; just imagine if it wasn't busy season, this would be a piece of cake. (Sorry for the cake reference for you dieters...lol)

In other news, Mr. FB is sniffing around again. But I don't have time for him to even contemplate restarting anything there. He's more than enough drama than I can handle right now all by himself.

I have negotiated sometime on Sunday to get my hair braided. My poor hair has been traumatized by all of this extra sweating and me not having enough time to take care of it. This is something that I have searched for over the internet, but have not found an answer. How do people with ethnic hair handle their hair after sweating out their do's? I haven't found a solution. It is either sweat and have a bad hair day aka ponytail, or don't work out and look good, which isn't an option right now. That is why I have opted for the braids because they look neat and I don't have to worry about neglecting my hair or it looking completely horrible. But I like to wear my hair out, so if anyone has a solution please let me know.

I will probably not write again until next weekend, so until then.
1 Comments:
  • At 1/23/2006 5:01 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    Funny you should ask about the hair thing ~ I stumbled on something the other day while looking for hair care stuff and it said something about washing the salt out of hair and leaving in a conditioner? Sorry I don't have the site or anything ~ might be easier to google it??

    I think considering all the bloody stress you're under any loss is a MASSIVE deal! Ugh I hate when work is like that and only hope it doesn't last long for you.

    BUT congrats @ 6 days in the last two weeks!!! that's bloody awesome.

    Hope this week was a little less stressful

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other