Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-12-11

When You Fall Off Track
It just seems like you can find your way back. About two months ago I said that I wanted to be at least 180 by the end of the year, a month ago I said 185, and now I just want to be back under 190, which means I have to lose at least 3 pounds. I laugh at myself because the closer I get to my deadline the higher my scale creeps. My goals are always reasonable, but they aren't if you're not doing anything about it. So again here's to another week of trying.

Last night I realized I have a lot more issues than being fat. Because last night I went out with my group of friends from work, granted half of them left the firm already, but for the first time I didn't feel like the fat girl of the group. No it gets better, now I'm the single girl that can't find a boyfriend to save her life...lol. Two of the couples were married and the other one is living together. Normally there's another single person but she couldn't make it. So even though I had a great time last night, there was that ever nauseating lovey dovey stuff going on. (excuse me, dry heave)

I'm happy for all of them and I enjoy their company. I made the mistake of asking if they had any single friends available, I'm not sure I really wanted to know...lol.

I went ice skating yesterday in Bryant Park. It was so much fun, a little crowded, but manageable. I've been once before, so I thought I would be a pro, NOT! I hugged the edge of the rink for at least a third of the time we were there. But then I got the hang of it. One of the guys there keep taking my hat and chasing each other around the rink, so basically playing tag. Then I fell and lost all confidence in my skating. I didn't get hurt too bad, so I eventually I got back out there.

I thought I would be really paying for yesterday's activities through a sore body today between the skating and the wearing of heels last night. But no, I'm doing pretty well except for the after affects from having too much wine...lol.

That's another thing I felt so grown up yesterday, out with married couples drinking wine, going to a very nice restaurant, what's happening to me! I guess growing up has to happen eventually.
1 Comments:
  • At 12/13/2005 6:49 PM, Blogger Dee said…

    AWW I feel for you with the skating - I'm having frustrations with tennis here too! (though not really the same thing... hehe)

    I know what you mean about the whole "grown up" and considering we're EXACTLY the same age - I find that really funny - could just be me and my odd humour. But I've been having bouts of being so grown up too.

    Weight loss is always a funny thing, epsecially when we get some perspective in it. I've gone from doing X amount this week to Xamount by this date to now just doing everything I planned in a day and knowing the weight will come off when it does (as long as I keep up with the moving more then eating).

    I just think it's incredibly senisble and wise of you to readjust your goal to something attaintable and you'll totally get those 3lbs off!!!

    OK enough of me babbling. How's the new computer going?

    Have a great week Hun!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other