Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2006-06-15

Delicious2Blogger Categories
So let me tell about this awesome hack. As I said before I like the idea of having categories in a blog because they give you a quick indication of what is in the post. But because I am not really web design literate, I had to search for someone who is and has already done it. First, there is Fresh Blog who introduced the usage of Del.icio.us tags to create categories. The only problem was when you clicked on a category you were sent to a separate page away from your blog. And when using Delicious you have to post each post to their website. There was a button you could add to your tool bar which made it a little quicker, but you still had to enter the post information.

But along came Phydeaux3 and changed everything to make it look nicer, posting quick, and created a very easy to follow implementation guide. Let me tell you, after you have a Delicious account it takes about 10 minutes to put the hack into your template. He made it so you can add your categories in the link field while creating the post and have two word tags. There is a one click (okay two…lol) that allows you to post your post to delicious with out typing in the detail because the information has already been populated. When you click on a category it keeps you right in your blog, so there are no distractions. And last but not least your tags are automatically put in your sidebar with how many posts in that category, which can be customized.

Isn't this nice and all for free. The best part is he came and looked at my site to make it work and helped me fix other html problems (note: all I created by me…lol) while he was at it.

So a very special thanks goes out to Phydeaux3, now go and visit his site.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other