Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-04-04

What a Beautiful Day
I made it to the gym this morning, yay! I can’t remember the last I got up so early to do such a thing. Oh wait, I do, it was 5:30am one freezing January morning to start my new years resolution. See how long that lasted…lol. It’s getting warmer out so it shouldn’t be that bad.

I got so excited this morning about actually getting up that I was really trying to out due myself. At the top of my HITT to get my heart rate up I ran at 5.5 mph for 3 minutes. Let me tell you this is big for me. In high school my gym teacher told me one day that I walk faster than I run. I’ve always been able to walk fast, running just requires so much more effort from me. Why, I don’t know, but I know I’m already feeling the repercussions of my actions. ha ha

As for the water challenge, I failed miserably. I drank all my water Monday, Tuesday I made it to a half gallon, but I was feeling so sick all day. And then I continuously tried to drink more water, which made my mind equate the water to feeling sick, so I couldn’t do it anymore. For the rest of the week the most I could get down was about I quart. So I am starting fresh this week, but my goal is to drink at the very minimum 8 glasses a day. I only have 2 more to go so I think I am going to pass my goal today.
3 Comments:
  • At 4/05/2005 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    eeep! sorry to hear you weren't feeling to well. I'm not sure how much water you were drinking before you started your challenge, so this may not apply, but gradually upping it may be a good idea, like one week drinking 1 extra glass, the next week drinking two.

    When I first started drinking water and drank alot I used to feel a bit queasy and sloshy inside. I also had stopped eating salty foods, so I think it threw my electrolytes outta synch. A potentially dangerous situation.

    Again it may not apply but just an fyi kinda thing.

    I'm a fast walker too!! I think it's from living in NYC, I can't shake it, so here in the south I'm zipping around like I'm trying to catch a train and everyone else is just strollin...lol

     
  • At 4/05/2005 6:42 PM, Blogger M said…

    I really struggle drinking more than 4 glasses a day!!

     
  • At 4/06/2005 7:31 PM, Blogger CheekyMoo said…

    I would gradually up your water intake too. I know it's hard to make sure you get in enough. I live in the dry desert so I don't struggle at all with water intake. Dessert intake is my problem.

    I love HITT on the treadmill. It really melts off the pounds when I do it. Typically I get on there and set my intervals and don't pay attention to heart rate because I'm lost in another world.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other