Blog Home More About Me Progress Pictures
Description
In the past, I have searched the web for sites about people like me with a weight problem and how they over came their obstacles, but I did not find many where the person started out weighing over 150 pounds. So, I have decided to do my own and be my own motivation.
Calendar
Recent Posts
Other Links
Template By

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER

2005-05-10

And Another One...
I haven't been writing much, but I haven't been slacking off. I hit another milestone yesterday. I am officially under 190 lbs. Another thing I couldn't imagine for myself. My two favorite comments from the past weekend are "You don't look like my sister anymore", that one is from my brother, which was really appreciated because he doesn't comment much about my weight. The second one is from my aunt, "Even your boobs are smaller", she knows it's her side of the family that I get them from...lol.

Things are going well. I'm running more and at 6 mph for my high. My eating is ok, but not the greatest. The newest thing is a guy that I have known for the past two years we've been talking a lot more lately and getting together. I like him, but there are some things about him that maybe a bit too much for me. We shall see how things go, but for now I'll use this, what ever it is, as a learning experience.

But all of that aside. My reservations were confirmed this weekend by my mother and sister. We went to a comedy show for Mother's day and while there my mother made the comment that there were a lot of couples there that "didn't look right" together. So I though this would be a good time to show her the picture I had on my camera of this guy to see what she thought. And of course she said that we didn't look right either. I think it is because he is hispanic or in her mind anything other than black. But if something more was to become of this, I know she would get over it. She had to for my brother because all of his girlfriend have been anything but black. Hey I don't discriminate.

My sister gave me the bigger blow. She said that I should look for someone with higher standards, and said that if he likes big girls there is too much competition out there. So I asked her, what was she trying to say about me, what was she basing this comment on because she obviously doesn't know him to make it. At the time I didn't understand but what I think she was probably trying to say was to find someone more into their health because he is a big guy. Okay at least this is what I am telling myself because I don't think she would intentionally try to hurt me.

All of this has made me think I have to make my own decisions without seeking validation from other people, because I might not always hear what I want. But sometime you just want your family's support.

I've had so much on my mind lately it is distracting me from work. Good thing I am on a job where I can slack for a minute or two. Until next time.
3 Comments:
  • At 5/10/2005 6:45 PM, Blogger Irishcoda said…

    Way to go on getting below 190! ABout the guy ... what matters is what you think!Don't let what your sis said get you down!

     
  • At 5/12/2005 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on hitting your milestone girlie that is GREAT news!! I'm so happy for ya!

     
  • At 5/17/2005 8:36 PM, Blogger CheekyMoo said…

    Wow, below 190, moving right along!

    Sometimes it's hard not to read words into things people say. I just had to have a talk with myself last night about looking for hidden meaning, and I'm sure your sister's heart is in the right place.

    I don't like men my race. I just am not attracted to them. My family gets over it when I date someone. It only matters what you think anyway, and how he treats you.

    Good job girl, I'm proud of you!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me
Name: Stacey
Home: Queens, New York
See my complete profile

Stats:

Age: 27
Height: 5'7"
SW: 232 | CW: 232 | GW: 160
Plan: Semi Body-for-Life


Email: Special Lady

Categories
Blogs I Read
Other